Odysseus is easily the most iconic voice in A Song of War and I honestly thought Shecter crazy for attempting to write him, but her interpretation blew me away and left me in absolute awe of her imagination and skill. ~Flashlight Commentary
Troy: city of gold, the gatekeeper of the east, a haven of the god-born and the lucky, a city destined to last a thousand years. But the Fates have other plans—the Fates, and a woman named Helen. In the shadow of Troy’s gates, all must be reborn in the greatest war of the ancient world: slaves and queens, heroes and cowards, seers and kings . . . and these are their stories.
- A young princess and an embittered prince join forces to prevent a fatal elopement.
- A tormented seeress challenges the gods themselves to save her city from the impending disaster.
- A tragedy-haunted king battles private demons and envious rivals as the siege grinds on.
- A captured slave girl seizes the reins of her future as two mighty heroes meet in an epic duel.
- A grizzled archer and a desperate Amazon risk their lives to avenge their dead.
- A trickster conceives the greatest trick of all. A goddess’ son battles to save the spirit of Troy even as the walls are breached in fire and blood.
Seven authors bring to life the epic tale of the Trojan War: its heroes, its villains, its survivors, its dead. Who will lie forgotten in the embers, and who will rise to shape the bloody dawn of a new age?